Saturday 23 October 2010

a salty but sweet love story.....

..He met her on a marriage function. She was so outstanding that he was very normal in front of her. After so much of hesitation, he said Hi to her and she too replied. Next day he came to know that she is cousin of his one odd relative. He somehow managed her landline number and then finally called her. He tried making her recall about the marriage meeting but she din't. It took a lot of effort from his side to ask her out for a coffee. But to his surprise she said Yes in one go.

It was almost an hour and he was waiting for her. He was getting impatient and then he saw her coming...she was as beautiful as a picture. He became so much conscious that for the few moments he dint say anything to her and then randomly some shit. The girl became slightly uncomfortable. He was not able to manage the situation as he was a very shy kind of person and never faced such a situation before. Noticing her discomfort, he ordered for salt and then he put two teaspoon of salt into his coffee. She was shocked. Salt n Coffee..what a combination? Do u like this?

Yeah...!!! and there's a reason behind this. I used to live near a sea shore when I was a kid, I used to play with my friends on the shore, could feel the music of the waves, taste of sea water just like this salty coffee. Now every time I have the salty coffee,I always think of my childhood, think of my hometown, I miss my hometown so much, I miss my parents who are still living there".

While saying that tears rolled down his cheeks. She was deeply touched as she was in front of someone who really cared about his family, loves home. This was an ice-breaker. She was no more in discomfort and she also narrated about her past, her town, her parents, her friends. The first meeting was a nice one. They continued dating.The girl slowly started liking him as he was a kind hearted, careful n jovial person. Every time they meet, he used to have the coffee and then 2 spoons of salt in it.

One final day they got married. Then the story was just like every beautiful love story,the princess married to the prince, then they were living the happy life...And, every time she made coffee for him, she put some salt in the coffee, as she knew that's the way he liked it.

After 40 years, he passed away, left her a letter which said:

"My dearest, please forgive me for the only lie I told you for the whole life. Remember the first time we dated? I was so nervous at that time that I ordered for salt instead of sugar and found very hard to change it. I never thought that could be the start of our communication. I tried telling you truth but every time dint muster the courage. But now I'm dying, I am afraid of nothing. I will tell you the truth:I don't like the salty coffee, what a strange bad taste.. But I have had the salty coffee for my whole life, since I knew you, I never feel sorry for anything I do for you. Having you with me is my biggest happiness for my whole life.If I can live for the second time, still want to know you and have you for my whole life, even though I have to drink the salty coffee again".

Her tears made the letter totally wet. Someday, someone asked her:what's the taste of salty coffee?

It's sweet. She replied.

2 comments: